Here are interesting comments that are appearing variously in the blogosphere about the iPhone 3G. If Apple or the carriers have some clarifications on any of these points, I will be glad to publish them.
- No video calling
- No AD2P on the Bluetooth
- Can’t share ANY (mp3, images,videos….) files via bluetooth
- Can’t use as a wireless modem, (you pay data charges to activate internet on your phone, but cannot connect it to your PC and browse when you are at home)
- No copy and paste, (cannot copy a part of a…. say…. email & send it….have to type it out yourself)
No 3.2 or 5 megapixel camera, (has a 2MP camera)
- No video recording with camera
- No front camera
- No flash
- No JAVA support
- No 3G network yet in India…so why pay for expensive 3G phone if you can’t use its 3G services… for India, iPhone 2.0 is no better than its first version.
- No removable battery. (You cannot change battery. Have to send it to apple outlet..can you live without your phone for 2-3 days?)
- Cannot send MMS
- Can’t use as external storage device
- No FM radio
- Can’t use your mp3 files as ringtones
- Cannot insert any other SIM car
That’s a long list of “Nos.” I would hate to pay 800 dollars for a phone that has such a long negative list.